Deep delicious deep fries ... it is very light and crispy yet mildly spiced that nobody can resist, My family just kept on going without knowing how much they binged on !!
- Cauliflower - 1 medium size, blanch with 1/2 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of salt.
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour/Besan flour/chickpea flour - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut and clean the cauliflower, then blanch it with turmeric and 1 tsp of salt.(soak the cauliflower florets in warm water with turmeric and salt for 3 to 4 minutes) . remove and transfer to mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl along with cauliflower add ginger garlic paste and combine well with your hands so that it is evenly coated.
- Now add the red chilli powder and garam masala and stir in well. In a separate small bowl add the all-purpose flour, rice flour, besan flour and salt, stir in well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the cauliflower and mix in thoroughly, now it will be very dry so sprinkle about 1 to 2 tbsp of water with your hand and stir well with your hand, yes this recipe needs hand on work :) .
- The batter should be just wet enough to coat the cauliflower, heat deep frying pan with enough oil.
- Once it is piping hot reduce the flame to low, give it a rest for a minute.
- Now drop in each florets and fry it in medium heat (If you cook it in high heat you will get the color but not crispiness) until golden brown on one side, flip the florets and fry till golden brown on other side as well.
- Transfer to kitchen cloth and serve immediately. And ohh that curry leaves ..I fried them separately before frying florets, so that oil is really flavorful and yes you can serve them along with cauliflower with some onion rings and a dash of lemon.